Mablink Bioscience is an emerging biotechnology company focused on the development of Antibody-Drug Conjugates (ADC), either internally or in collaboration with external partners.
As part of its development, Mablink Bioscience is looking for a highly motivated and experimented candidate for a position of Research Associate in Organic Chemistry. The overall mission includes organic synthesis, purification and analytical characterization of chemical drug-linkers for Antibody-Drug Conjugates (ADC). The candidate will join a dynamic interdisciplinary group and should be willing and able to communicate with people from different backgrounds, including chemistry, biochemistry/formulation, and biology.
Job duties & responsibilities
- Perform synthesis, purification and analytical characterization of ADC drug-linkers and chemical intermediates (mg to multi-gram scale).
- Maintain detailed records of lab work in a laboratory notebook and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Write and review operational documentation (protocols, OM, SOP…).
- Report results to supervisors and peers.
- Contribute to the general upkeep of the lab and lab instruments.
Knowledge and skill requirements
- Experience in planning and executing multi-step synthetic sequences in a med-chem/pharma environment.
- Familiarity with modern organic synthesis techniques and modern chromatographic/analytical techniques (automated flash chromatography systems, tracking of reactions by analytical HPLC, preparative HPLC purification systems, LCMS…). Ideally the candidate is familiar with the Teledyne Isco/Agilent family of instruments.
- Well-versed in scientific literature searching software (SciFinder, Reaxys…).
- Previous work experience in the Antibody-Drug Conjugate (ADC) field is a strong plus.
- Previous experience in solid phase peptide synthesis is a plus.
- Education required: Ph. D. or M. D. in organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry or related fields.
- Experience required: At least 2-3 years of experience in one or several SME or large companies.
- The candidate should be motivated, autonomous and willing to step out of his/her comfort zone by joining a dynamic startup company.
This permanent position (CDI) offer is based at the ICBMS institute in Villeurbanne (69100) – France
If you feel confident your profile may match our requirements, feel free to send your resume & cover letter to email@example.com. Feel free to include any relevant scientific literature presenting your previous work or experience as well.